Monday, January 24, 2022

Ask, Seek, Knock!

January 24, 2022 Monday Message

Matthew 7:7 Phillips: “Ask and it will be given to you. Search and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened for you. The one who asks will always receive; the one who is searching will always find, and the door is opened to the man who knocks.

A well-known song asks the question, “Who can I turn to?” Jesus is giving us the answer. When life presents its problems (and it will...), our first call should be to the Lord. Jesus says that if we ask we will receive. If we seek we will find. If we knock, heaven’s door will open. God is not playing a shell game with us, being difficult to find. God is permanently available to give us hope when we need it most. Mankind just needs to remember to turn to Him!

Mankind’s tendency is to say, “I’ve got this. I think I can solve the problem. Whatever’s wrong, I can handle it myself.” That’s trying to stay in the driver’s seat when it’s time to give God a turn! Turning to the Lord should be our first move, not our last resort!

Say this with me: “God is God, and I am not!”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406


No comments:

Post a Comment