Monday, March 27, 2023

Come!

 March 27, 2023 Monday Message:

Matthew 11:28 NLT: “Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.’

When life gets us down, Jesus says, “Come to me.” He says, “I will refresh you,” or “I will give you rest.” Think about it – This promise of peace could not be offered by any human. Only God can perform a miracle in our lives. Turning to Jesus should be our first move, not our last resort!

Jesus calls everyone: “Come.” He refuses no one and sends no one away empty-handed. Spurgeon writes, “To Jesus himself we must come, by a personal trust. Not to doctrine, ordinance, nor ministry are we to come first; but to the personal Savior.” Come directly to Jesus. There we will find rest for our souls!

In Jesus’ day, their religion placed many burdens on people. Jesus confidently told his followers that perfect adherence to the laws and religious traditions was unrealistic. Instead just love the Lord, love your neighbor and follow me, Jesus! He simplified our path to the hereafter!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment