Sunday, October 17, 2021

Son of God!

For Sunday, October 17, 2021

John 2:16 Phillips: “Then Jesus said to the pigeon-dealers, ‘Take those things out of here. Don’t you dare turn my Father’s house into a market!’”

There are skeptics who claim that Jesus never fully identified himself. But here he claims YHWH as his Father! So Jesus did claim to be the “Son of God!”

At Jesus’ baptism, the heavens opened and a voice boomed out: “You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased.” So we know that God claims Jesus as his Son.

I always say that God puts good people in key places, and expects them to use their God-given intelligence. Simon-Peter, the Apostle, had traveled with Jesus for some time and had heard the wisdom and witnessed the miracles. Jesus asked him, “Who do you say that I am?”

Peter responded: “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God!” Peter knew.

The object of Christian worship is God, his Son Jesus, and the Spirit helping us nowadays – one God, known to us in three persons.

See you at church!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment