Monday, October 25, 2021

Hope for Eternity!

October 25, 2021 Monday Message

John 1:32 GNT: “John gave this testimony: “I saw the Spirit come down like a dove from heaven and stay on Jesus.”

In this passage describing Jesus’ baptism, John-the-baptist stands amazed as the Holy Spirit descends and fills Jesus. There aren’t words sufficient to describe the event, but I wish I could have been there to see it!

John has been telling everyone in Israel to repent and return to the Lord, for the Kingdom of God is at hand. I think he suspected that Jesus was the promised Messiah, but sought verification. Witnessing the Holy Spirit fall upon Jesus was all the proof he needed! John writes, “I saw this happen to Jesus, so I testify that he is the Chosen One of God, the Son of God.”

Later, heaven opened and a voice said, “You are my dearly loved Son, and you bring me great joy.” Now we know for sure who Jesus is, confirmed by God himself.

Jesus came to earth to give mankind hope for the next life, for eternity!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment