Saturday, April 17, 2021

WWJD

For Saturday, April 17, 2021

John 13:15 NIRV, Jesus speaking: “I have given you an example. You should do as I have done for you.

My father taught me that when faced with a negotiation or some kind of difficult decision, he’d run it through his little test: “Is it right - is it fair - is it honest; should we be doing this thing?” It reminds me of those “WWJD” items, reminding us to ask ourselves, “What would Jesus do?”

Our founding pastor called me yesterday, concerned about the safety of our city. With the Derek Chauvin trial nearing an end and the recent killing of Daunte Wright, we’re once again faced with a rash of civil unrest. He believes the church proffers hope for the city, and I agree! The church can anchor a biblical perspective toward solving our city’s problems, where everyone could step back, take a deep breath, and first ask themselves, “What would Jesus do?”

What Jesus would do would be the right thing to do!

Blessings and safety today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment