Monday, April 5, 2021

Paradise Now!

April 5, 2021 Monday Message

Luke 23:42-43 NLT: “The criminal on the cross said, ‘Jesus, remember me when you come into your Kingdom.’

And Jesus replied, ‘I assure you, today you will be with me in paradise.’”

As Jesus died, he cried out, “Father, I entrust my spirit into your hands!” It’s important for us to remember that his earthly body went into the tomb and would rise in three days, but Jesus’ spirit, his eternal essence immediately returned to the Father – not three days later, not after special prayers, not after family members lit candles for you, not after any sum of money was paid, but NOW! Paul writes, “Absent from the body – present with the Lord!”

Even though he too was being crucified, Jesus’ compassionate character still shined. When the thief repented and turned back to God, Jesus offered on-the-spot forgiveness. “Today you will be with me in paradise!” Jesus knew where he was going, and he decided to take a believer with him! Jesus wants to include even more believers, like you and me! It’s a standing offer that all who confess and call Jesus ‘Lord’ will be taken to join him in paradise. That’s called ‘eternal hope!’ Hope you had a blessed Easter!

Blessings and safety to all today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment