Sunday, April 18, 2021

Open My Heart!

For Sunday, April 18, 2021

Ephesians 1:18 CJB, Paul speaking: “I pray that he will give light to the eyes of your hearts, so that you will understand the hope to which he has called you, what rich glories there are in the inheritance he has promised his people.

This is the verse that led to the popular Christian song, “Open the Eyes of My Heart, Lord.” The ‘heart’ is a metaphor for being ‘all in,’ like when a couple says to each other, “I love you with all my heart.” The prayer asks that not just your external eyes be opened, but that your entire body and soul could see and understand the goodness of God and his Son Jesus, and the hope we have as children of God.

The ‘glorious inheritance’ refers to the life we can enjoy after this life, heaven. In Paul’s day, there was debate about if life after this life even existed. Of course Jesus proved that death is not the end, and because Jesus took our sin-problem upon himself, we have the inherited hope of spending eternity in the presence of the Father!

"I want to see You; I want to see You!”

Blessings and safety as we worship today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment