Thursday, November 23, 2023

Thankful!

For Thursday, November 23, 2023:

1 Chronicles 16:34 NIV: “Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.”

Today, the fourth Thursday in November, is celebrated as Thanksgiving Day in the US. Most people get the day off, and families gather to eat too much turkey and watch football — and hopefully to remember to be thankful for all God has given us.

I’m thankful for my wife, our children and their spouses, and our grandchildren. I’m thankful for good friends, my house, my car, my work and for always having more than I truly need. God has been very good to me.

The best thing to be thankful for is Assurance of Salvation. Jesus has gone ahead to prepare our places in the hereafter. Those who believe on His name will get to see heaven from the inside!

Take some time today to thank the Lord for all the goodness he has poured into your life.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment