Sunday, November 26, 2023

Mission!

For Sunday, November 26, 2023:

Psalm 138:8 NLT: “The Lord will work out his plans for my life, for your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me.

The God who created you has plans for you. You were created with a purpose in mind – God’s mind! And out of gratitude for all God as done for us, we worship him and do our best to fulfill our assigned mission. But it’s never my plan. It should always be God’s plan.

My plans would tend to involve small things, impulsive things, whereas God can envision the big picture. He could have us doing something today that will benefit us five years down the road. Mankind tends to not understand such things, but God always knows what’s best – what’s best for us!

I love David’s afterthought to his prayer: “O Lord, don’t abandon me, for you made me.” I feel like he’s saying, “God, a certain amount of how this life goes is on you. After all, you created me!” I believe David laughed a little as he wrote this. I believe that God laughed with him. They both have a sense of humor!

"Hey God, I’d appreciate it if you’d get in this game. You’re the one who wanted to play!”

Blessings – See you at church today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment