Tuesday, November 21, 2023

Hungry for More!

For Tuesday, November 21, 2023:

John 4:30 NLT: “So the people came streaming from the village to see Jesus.”

What would you do if someone told you, “I believe I’ve seen the Messiah! He’s at our well!”

The right thing to do would be to drop what you’re doing and head straight for Jacob’s well! It’s just a short walking distance from the village. Through the prophets, God had promised to send a Messiah, a redeemer. Everyone has been watching and waiting for this moment! So nobody wants to miss a thing! Here is our chance to meet God’s heaven-sent servant. We call him Jesus!

The people of this village, Samaritans, not Jews, felt blessed that the Messiah would choose to spend time in their city.Let’s invite him to stay the night,” they said.I want more than just a glimpse of him. I want to see him in action, hear the words straight from his mouth. I want to fall in love with this Messiah and his Father!” Friends, this is a golden opportunity – those people are hungry for more! Do you want more?

At a worship conference, after sitting trough a long day of lectures and teaching, I heard a pastor say, “I’ve had about enough God for one day.” Instantly I knew that I was with the wrong guy! We can never get too much God. When we interact with the world, we could lose a wee bit of our spirituality. So it’s like stopping at a gas station. It’s better if we keep our spiritual tanks full, topped off. We might find that we need that resource tomorrow. Best to be ready. I attended another church service that evening, and was blessed!

We could replay this scenario in our own hometowns.A bunch of us are going to worship the Messiah Sunday morning. Care to join us? You don’t want to miss this!”

See you at church! More tomorrow! Blessings!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship



No comments:

Post a Comment