Friday, September 23, 2022

Good Shepherd!

For Friday, September 23, 2022::

John 10:11 NLT, Jesus speaking: “I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd sacrifices his life for the sheep.”

When Jesus walked on earth, a lot of the economy was agriculture-based. Most boys had grown up tending sheep. So when Jesus used this analogy comparing his mission with the job description of a shepherd, most people knew what he was talking about. But while they understood sheep and shepherds, they were slow to understand that Jesus himself would be giving his up his life to redeem mankind.

Jesus further explains: “I sacrifice my life for the sheep. I have other sheep, too, that are not in this sheepfold. I must bring them also. They will listen to my voice, and there will be one flock with one shepherd.” Jesus came to the world through the Jews, but his mission is to offer salvation to everyone – to all who believe!

Jesus is describing the life after this life, eternity in the presence of Father God, available to all the sheep from many flocks, including yours!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment