Friday, May 26, 2023

Unconditional Love!

For Friday, May 26, 2023:

1 John 4:10 GNT: “This is what love is: it is not that we have loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the means by which our sins are forgiven.”

Jesus talked about “love” so much that John continues expositing the subject(s). In the English language, we’re limited by having only one “love” word. “I love my job; I love my friends at church; I love my new car; I love my wife” – same word, but completely different meanings. But in the original language, there are different words for each kind of love.

Yesterday we talked about brotherly love, but today’s scripture shifts to unconditional love, what the Bible calls “agápē” love, where someone is loved no matter what! A parent loves their children unconditionally. We may not approve of their behavior from time to time, but they can always come back home. It’s been said that home is where when you go there, they always let you in!

Believers are adopted into God’s Holy Family. And since we’re Children of God, our Heavenly Father loves us without reservation. In spite of our propensity to sin, God is loving and forgiving and welcomes us with open arms.

How much does our Father love us? “God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” (John 3:16)

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment