Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Messiah!

For Wednesday, May 3, 2023:

Matthew 17:12 NLT, Jesus teaching: “I tell you, Elijah has already come, but he wasn’t recognized, and the religious leaders chose to abuse him. And in the same way they will also make the Son of Man suffer.”

My wife and I have similar cars. Hers is red, mine is black. Once in a while we wind up driving each other’s cars, and when I come out of the store, I sometimes can’t find my car right away! I’m looking for the black one after having just driven the red one! My bad! We won’t find the right thing if we don’t know what we’re looking for!

Elijah was a prophet who told people what to watch for in the future. John-the-Baptist took on Elijah’s role as the Son of Man came to earth. He told everyone to prepare the way because the Messiah’s arrival was imminent and the Kingdom was at hand!

The Pharisees had been told to expect a Messiah, but they – as Jesus was pointing out – were watching for the wrong signs. They were shouting, “Free us from Roman occupation,” and Jesus answered, “Your sins are forgiven!” They didn’t see that coming!

If you’re not seeking a Savior, you might not find salvation!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment