Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Childlike Innocence!

For Tuesday, May 23, 2023:

Matthew 18:5 NLT, Jesus speaking: “Anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf (in my name) is welcoming me.”

Like the song says, Jesus loves the little children. Their innocence and naïveté leave them malleable, open to the word of the Lord.

We all need to keep our minds open to the teachings of Jesus, regardless of our age. A man once asked me if I’d be willing to meet with him to answer questions about the Bible. I agreed; we met several times, and agreed on many biblical principles. But then we hit a roadblock. I read a passage straight out of the Bible, and he responded, “I’ve never believed that part!” Big problem! The foundation of our religion is knowing the truth of scripture and the inerrancy of God’s word.

After about three of these roadblocks, we eventually stopped meeting, because obviously we were not on the same page. We’re still friends, and when he’s ready to open his mind to Jesus’ word, I’m still ready to teach.

Each day I read the Bible and see a fact I hadn’t noticed before, or discover a new way of looking at a situation. The Bible is full of surprises, good surprises, and it’s always right!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment