Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Send Me!

For Tuesday, October 11, 2022:

Isaiah 6:8 NIV: “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?’

And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’”

Isaiah is one of the few people to be shown the inside of heaven in a vision. (Another being John the Apostle who wrote about it in Revelation.) Isaiah saw the Lord seated on his throne. The train of the Lord’s robe filled the temple with his glory. Above him were six-winged seraphim calling to one another, “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” One took a hot coal and purified Isaiah’s lips.

The Lord desired a steadfast prophet to carry his words to the people on earth, and asks, “Whom shall I send?” In a way, it’s a rhetorical question, since Isaiah had already been summoned to the meeting!

Without hesitation, Isaiah answered, “Here am I. Send me!” The Lord needs a never-ending personnel supply to be his hands and feet on the earth. Few jobs are as difficult as Isaiah’s. God will not call you to a task for which you are not qualified, but he needs you to say, “Yes!”

As Christians, we should always be prepared to answer, “Here am I. Send me!”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment