Wednesday, July 13, 2022

You Raise Me Up!

For Wednesday, July 13, 2022:

John 6:44 NLT, Jesus speaking: “No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them to me, and at the last day I will raise them up.

In Jesus’ time, there was debate about life after this life. And Jews knew about God-the-Father, but weren’t knowledgeable about God-the-Son. Jesus offers reassurance that his followers are doing the right thing.

He’s saying that he and God are working together. Remember, Jesus said, “I and the Father are one.” They share the same goal, the rescue of mankind. God will open hearts, creating seekers, and direct them to the Son, who on the last day will put the rescue-mission in motion!

That’s why we put our faith, hope and trust in Jesus, who said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment