Friday, August 11, 2023

Teachable!

For Friday, August 11, 2023:

Psalm 25:5 NLT: “Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you.”

People in the US seem to have a problem identifying truth. It’s what actually happened. It’s what eyewitnesses would tell you. Last Sunday I was told that truth is God’s opinion on everything! That works for me!

When we become Christians, become “saved,” we don’t instantly become perfect. Yes, our sin was washed away by Jesus, but odds are we’ll step into it again. But those who claim Jesus as Lord of their lives have agreed to be teachable. Are you teachable? The God who saves us will point us in his direction, and over time we’ll bet better and better at it. Being teachable implies progress, not perfection!

The key is to never give up. David says that he counts on the Lord all day long, and to that I would add “every single day.” Walking with the Lord should be a “forever” decision!

Today is a good day to start or continue to place your hope in the Lord!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment