Thursday, June 8, 2023

Right with God!

For Thursday, June 8, 2023:

Romans 10:4 NLT: “Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in Jesus are made right with God.”

As I grew up in a church youth group, I was taught the 10 Commandments. I foolishly thought, “How hard can this be? There are only 10 things to remember. Surely I could master this!” Like I said, foolish thoughts! Foolish for me, as well as foolish for everyone!

As an adult, I started seeing God do for us what we could not do for ourselves. God sent his Son Jesus to take the sins of the world to the place of the dead, leaving believers spotless, fully prepared to spend eternity in God’s presence! Believers were given heaven!

God had a goal in mind when we were given the law. God also had a goal in mind when Jesus came to earth to rescue mankind. It was the same goal, including mankind in the Kingdom! We receive the free gift of salvation through faith, trusting in Jesus for our eternal destiny!

"For Christ is the end of the law.”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment