Sunday, December 18, 2022

Humble Beginnings!

For Sunday, December 18, 2022:


John 1:10 NLT: “He (Jesus) came into the very world he created, but the world didn’t recognize him.

The other day I needed a screwdriver, and searched in our tool drawer. It was nowhere to be found. I emptied the entire drawer, but couldn’t find it. Finally I remembered where I last used it, and there it was! My bad! I hadn't put it away! The point is that I had been looking in the wrong place!

A Messiah had been promised, and people were looking among the Pharisees at the Temple. The expectation was that the Messiah would free Israel from Roman occupation. They had been looking for the wrong thing in the wrong place.

Jesus came to free mankind not from the Romans but from their sin problem. Jesus brought with him the greatest gift of all – eternal life in the presence of Father. Jesus was going to make reservations for believers in the heavenly hereafter!

And who would have thought the Savior would be born to a builder and his new wife, in – of all places – a stable! They had been searching in the wrong place!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment