Thursday, June 17, 2021

Jesus, God's Son!

For Thursday, June 17, 2021

Mark 1:11 Phillips: “A voice came out of Heaven, saying, “You are my dearly-beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!””

Let there be no doubt - Jesus was both fully God and fully human. This is the “human” part. Just as believers are commanded to be baptized, so too was Jesus baptized. And what happened when he came up out of the waters of baptism must have caused quite a stir!

The Heavens opened, and a mighty voice shouted out, “You are my Son, the beloved, with whom I am well pleased.” I can just picture it – eyes opened wide, jaws dropped in amazement! Then the Holy Spirit filled him, and his earthly ministry was launched.

Critics say that Jesus never said who he was. But his Father did, and that gives us hope!

Blessings to all today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment