Monday, December 14, 2020

Loving Shepherd!

For Monday, December 14, 2020

John 10:27 NIV, Jesus speaking: “My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.

God is My Co-Pilot” was a book and movie, and “Jesus is My Co-Pilot” is a bumper sticker – both are bad ideas. Our God will not have a partner. God is God, and you and I are not, so God going 50-50 with us is out of the question.

Jesus explained the relationship like this: God (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) is the shepherd. We all are sheep. Sheep don’t get to discuss with the shepherd how to keep them safe or how to keep their journey on the right path. The Shepherd loves his sheep – a lot – but understand that the shepherd is the one in charge. Forever. He can lead us into eternity!

If you’re a Christian sheep, you are being led by the best shepherd ever!

Blessings and safety to all as we near Christmas!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment