Sunday, December 6, 2020

Come to Me...

For Sunday, December 6, 2020

Matthew 11:28 NLT: “Then Jesus said, 'Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.'

Life can be rough! Sometimes we need a break, a diversion, and Jesus is the perfect respite. The saying, “Let go and let God,” fits well in this situation.

The Message Bible goes into more detail, Jesus speaking: “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

Jesus' legacy offers us help in this life, and hope for the next life!

Blessings and safety on this Sabbath!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship

3249 30th Ave. S.

Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment