Monday, August 3, 2020

Hope!


Monday Message – August 3, 2020.

1 John 5:11-12 NKJV: “This is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.”

The life John is talking about is eternal life, our forever life in heaven in the presence of God. It’s our hope for the future! No matter how good or bad this life seems, it’s trivial compared to the next reality! Therefore believers are never without hope! Jesus is our substitute, paying the price for our sin. So when it’s time to move to the next reality, Jesus will be there to welcome us with open arms! Jesus has given us something no other religion has: Assurance of Salvation! I believe it was God’s rescue-plan for us all along!

These verses are special to me. I had been raised in a church family, but during a Bible study at college, I was challenged to make my own decision for Jesus – not my family’s choice, but my own choice. I was shown these verses with the words, “I doesn’t get any clearer than this!”

It’s a simple choice – Jesus or not. It’s up to each one of us cement our own relationship with our Savior. Once that’s done, we have a lot to look forward to – we have never-ending hope!

Blessings as we begin this new week!

Pastor Norton
Jesus in the City Fellowship
3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment