Thursday, February 1, 2024

Servants First!

For Thursday, February 1, 2024:

Mark 9:35b NLT, Jesus speaking: “Whoever wants to be first must take last place and be the servant of everyone else.”

In spite of traveling with Jesus and hearing everything he taught, even the disciples still didn’t get it. Love, kindness and serving others were central to Jesus’ teaching. But when left to themselves, the disciples’ discussion quickly turned to who among them was the greatest.

It’s natural to want a secure position in the pecking order of life. So we need to align our goals with our Savior’s. He says that the greatest will be the one serving others. The greatest will welcome little children. “Anyone who welcomes a little child on my behalf welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not only me but also my Father who sent me.”

Therefore love, kindness and serving others is the path to honoring our Lord. We’d best try to do what Jesus taught!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment