Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Save Your (Eternal) Life!

For Wednesday, April 19, 2023:

Matthew 16:25 NLT, Jesus speaking: “If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.”

When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we’re drawing a line between our old pagan life our new Christian life. Jesus says that if we insist on hanging on to our old ways, our eternal destiny is in jeopardy. But if we willingly give up the ways of the world to become a disciple of Jesus, we will be saved! He also implies that we can’t have it both ways!

I worked at a church with this mission statement: “To radically transform lives through the power of our Lord Jesus Christ.” I like that. Our soul is radically transformed upon accepting Jesus. If we’re still carrying baggage from our old lives, we cannot drag it into our new way of living. Jesus says that just won’t work. We must separate ourselves from “the world.” That’s OK, because our new walk is so much better!

At my church, we sing a song with the words, “I never want to go back to my old life.” I explain: “I’ve tried it both ways, and THIS way – Jesus’ way – is better!”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment