Sunday, April 23, 2023

God Listens!

For Sunday, April 23, 2023:

Psalm 116:1-2 NLT: “I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!”

This psalmist, probably David, was amazed at all the blessings shown to him by the Lord. God had heard his prayers, listened and answered. In David’s case, he was protected from an army of bad guys out to get him. Without God’s protection, he wouldn’t have had a chance. But with the Lord, David was spared and lived to lead Israel for many years.

Picture this in your mind’s eye. God doesn’t just hear our prayers. He turns or bends down to better hear our petitions. “God inclined his ear toward me.” When you’re speaking to the Lord, he doesn’t want to miss a thing! Our God is so gracious that I will not to seek any other as long as I live.

Jesus and his disciples sang this psalm on the night he was betrayed. Jesus’ mission in coming to earth was nearly fulfilled, and mankind’s rescue was imminent. God really is good! This is mankind’s triumph song over death!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment