Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Believe!

April 11, 2023 Monday Message:

Luke 24:38-39 NLT: “’Why are you frightened?’ Jesus asked. ‘Why are your hearts filled with doubt? Look at my hands. Look at my feet. You can see that it’s really me. Touch me and make sure that I am not a ghost, because ghosts don’t have bodies, as you see that I do.’”

Two men had been walking toward Emmaus. Jesus joined them, teaching about all the prophesies fulfilled by his death and resurrection, but they did not recognize him. As they sat for dinner, it all came into focus. This indeed was Jesus himself! But once they recognized him, he vanished!

Excited, the two men assembled their friends to tell them about the incident, and suddenly Jesus appeared in their midst! Everyone was frightened. They thought they were seeing a ghost, but Jesus reassured them and told them to use their heads! Check it out: “Look at my hands. Look at my feet. Touch me to prove that my body is real.”

Everything that recently happened was fulfilling scripture. Jesus dying for the sins of the world was part of God’s plan for including us in eternity! The two men were eyewitnesses, sharing what they observed with the world! Their testimony is our proof! Jesus wondered, if you’re seeing this with your own two eyes, “Why are your hearts filled with doubt?” Friends, we need to make a decision for Christ based on what we’ve observed!

Jesus said, “Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment