Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Father, Son, Holy Spirit!

For Wednesday, November 9, 2022:

 John 14:6-7 NLT: “Jesus told Thomas, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me. If you had really known me, you would know who my Father is. From now on, you do know him and have seen him!’”

Jesus is the way, the only way to eternal salvation. Every word he spoke was true, intended to teach those around him about sin, repentance, the Kingdom and salvation through him. Jesus is life. He bought us eternal life in the presence of the Father.

Some translations read, “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.” In practice of Christianity, there is really only one God, who is known to us in three different forms. But it’s still just one God. We pray to our Father in heaven in the name of Jesus who walked on earth alongside us. The Holy Spirit is moving among us now, until Jesus returns. The Bible says that Jesus was present at creation, and the Spirit moved over the waters of creation, but in the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. I get the three mixed up all the time, but I believe that God’s smart enough to sort it out.

Praying is always better than not praying.

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment