Monday, July 20, 2020

Forever!


Monday Message for July 20, 2020.

Psalm 23:6 ESV: “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

If you’ve been following our daily progression through Psalm 23, I hope you spotted what I call a “God trend.” God behaves a certain way, treats us a certain way – that establishes a trend. God treats us with love, care and forgiveness – that a God trend. Fairness and honesty point to the character of God, point to a God trend.

‘Goodness and mercy’ – God’s steadfast love for us – will continue as long as we live – and beyond! We have a Shepherd out front, leading us in both spiritual matters and day-to-day living. The key is to humbly follow that Shepherd, not to try to find a different way on our own. Keep your eyes on the Shepherd.

‘Dwell in the house of the Lord’ refers back to the previous verse, God preparing a table for you. That indicates much more than a casual relationship. If you’re taking meals together, it’s a reference to living together. Remember that on earth, God comes over to your house. In heaven, you’ve gone over to God’s house!

Eternity (or forever) is a long time. We have been given a choice – follow the Shepherd or spend eternity bobbing in a lake of fire! Personally, I’d rather live where things go well, where I can look forward to each day, proudly following my Shepherd! See you there!

Commentary on all of Psalm 23 was available this past week on my personal Facebook page, the JesusInTheCityFellowship.org web site, or the Blogspot link, and I’d encourage you to check it out. Psalm 23 is awesome!

Blessings as we begin this new week!

Pastor Norton
Jesus in the City Fellowship
3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

Monday Message is also available at:

No comments:

Post a Comment