Monday, May 23, 2022

New Covenant!

May 23, 2022 Monday Message:

Jeremiah 31:33-34 NLT: “This is the new covenant I will make with the people of Israel after those days,” says the Lord. “I will put my instructions deep within them, and I will write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. And they will not need to teach their neighbors, nor will they need to teach their relatives, saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’ For everyone, from the least to the greatest, will know me already,” says the Lord. “And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins.

Under this New Covenant, God gave us three things: common sense, a conscience and forgiveness. A simple look around should let you know that there is a God, an Intelligent Designer. It’s springtime, and I look at the variety of trees all getting new leaves in just the proper amount, magically recovering from the winter. It’s no accident! We were recently blessed with a new grandson, ever so tiny, but with all the necessary parts! It’s no accident! There IS a God!

God also wrote his value system on our hearts. He gave us a conscience. Everyone knows it’s wrong to lie, to steal and to murder. You can check the Commandments or examine the laws of our land, but everyone already knows we shouldn’t do certain things. We instinctively know how to treat our families and our neighbors.

It was Jesus who brought the New Covenant to the rest of us, to the Gentiles! Our faith is rewarded with forgiveness and a place in God’s eternal Kingdom!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment