Sunday, October 1, 2023

It's about Jesus!

For Sunday, October 1, 2023:

Luke 4:21 NIV: “Jesus began by saying to them, ‘Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.’”

Jesus had gone to worship in the local synagogue. He was asked to read scripture from the prophet Isaiah. “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”

Jesus concluded by stating, “Friends – this was written about me. What we just read is standing right in front of you!” Picture yourself there on that day. I’ve been to church thousands of times, but I never heard someone read scripture and then say, “That’s about me!”

There were many doubters in his hometown, but today we can see that Jesus was right. He went on to Capernaum, drove out evil spirits who knew who he was, and than healed many. People had faith that Jesus was who he said he was, and brought many with all manner of illness to Jesus, who healed them all, well into the night.

Do you have anything on your agenda today more important than worshiping the Son of God?

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment