Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Rescue Me!

For Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Psalm 18:5 NLT: “The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path.

We tend to think of David as the mighty king of the Israelites. But there were many stumbling-blocks along the journey to get there. David faced many enemies, some replete with entire armies carrying real weapons! David’s life was genuinely threatened!

The same God who anointed David also rescued him from persecution. David writes, “God rescued me from my powerful enemies, from those who hated me and were too strong for me. He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters.”

This lets us know that no matter how bad life may seem, a powerful God is always able to rescue. With God on your side, there is always hope! “Lord, you hold me safe beyond the reach of my enemies; you save me from violent opponents. For this, O Lord, I will praise you among the nations; I will sing praises to your name.”

When rescued, David composed worship songs of praise and thanksgiving! We should at least say a prayer!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment