Saturday, February 27, 2021

Hope in the Lord!

For Saturday, February 27, 2021

Psalm 71:14 NIV: “As for me, I will always have hope; Lord, I will praise you more and more.”

This psalmist, like all of us, depended upon God for help. In spite of his current trials, his faith in the Lord filled him with hope for the future. “I will hope continually.” I shall expect deliverance after deliverance and blessing after blessing. And as a result, “I will praise You more and more!”

You've all heard, “When the going gets tough, the tough get going!” That's what this Psalm is about. The author didn't give up or fall into depression. He doubled-down on his faith; he replaced tribulation with optimism in God's strength, and then thanked God for his change in attitude.

Spurgeon writes, “When I cannot rejoice in what I have, I will look forward to what shall be mine, and will still rejoice!”

Blessings and safety today!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment