Saturday, September 14, 2024

Born Again!

For Saturday, September 14, 2024:

John 1:13 NLT: “Believers are reborn—not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.”

The other day I was trying to write using my computer, and nothing was working right. Files would disappear; unexpected spaces would appear within words; nothing would “save.” Embarrassingly, it had been weeks since I totally shut down my computer, and as you probably already guessed, the solution was to completely shut down and reboot. After that, everything worked fine. I’m sure there’s a technical term, but I think my device just got confused; too much going on!

When new believers give up the world and return to God, he gives us a fresh start, a reboot. The Bible calls it being born again. This is where we get the term Born-again Christians. Making a commitment to follow Jesus is a dividing line drawn in your life. Your standards and value system were one way before Jesus. But after Jesus, everything changed. It’s better this way. Life makes sense this way. Living according to God’s plan is the better way.

We are blessed by being given a do-over, a fresh start at life. Jesus lets us take a Mulligan on the back nine!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus In the City Fellowship


No comments:

Post a Comment