Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Book of Life

For Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Luke 10:20 TLB, Jesus speaking: The important thing is not that demons obey you, but that your names are registered as citizens of heaven.

Christians often say, “The earth is not my home.” That’s because their belief is that they were created by God in heaven, and in the next reality they will return to Him. Heaven has a ‘Book of Life,’ and believers names are recorded in that book. Talk about a living hope!

My dream of entering heaven goes like this: I’m questioned at the gate.

"What are you doing here? You lived on earth, so you must be a sinner.”

Me: “I’m with that guy over there, just to the right of God. I’m with Jesus!”

"We’ll see about that. Let’s have a look in the Book of Life.”

They then find my name, and the column marked ‘sin’ is blank – completely empty! That’s what Jesus can do for all believers. It’s as if we never sinned – no record of it. So I’m ‘in!’

There will be a celebratory wedding feast in heaven as Jesus unites with his bride, the church!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406

No comments:

Post a Comment