Monday, September 3, 2018

Here am I - Send Me!


Sept. 3, 2018 Monday Message:

“I heard the voice of the Lord saying, ‘Whom shall I send? Who will go for us?’ And I said, ‘Here am I. Send me!’” Isaiah 6:8 NIV

God calls people into ministry, and then calls sometimes end.

When things are new and exciting and the ministry is in high gear, working for the Lord can be a whole lot of fun. But someday the mission may be complete and your gifts and talents are no longer needed in that particular situation.

This is a time I call the “doldrums,” which my dictionary defines as a period of inactivity, stagnation and depression. “The call has ended, and I’m feeling depressed.”

But sure enough – from out of the blue – from where you least expect it - God comes knocking on your door with another Kingdom opportunity. Your gifts and talents aren’t obsolete – they’re just needed elsewhere.

Sometimes obedience isn’t easy. The new call may involve a new church, new friends, sometimes even a new city. It wasn’t easy for Isaiah, but when God called, he didn’t hesitate.

If you’re not dead, you’re not done.

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship meets next Sunday, Sept. 9, 2018, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. Jeff Boyer continues our study in Hebrews.

No comments:

Post a Comment