Monday, May 14, 2018

Psalms 141 - Ya Got Trouble!


May 14, 2018 Monday Message:

“My eyes are fixed on you, Sovereign Lord.” Psalms 141:8a NIV

As we’re living each day for Jesus, trouble lurks around every corner. There’s a lot of evil in this world. David writes of these things:
“Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil.” Ps. 141.4a
“My prayer will still be against the deeds of evildoers.” Ps. 141:5d

If we get down to basics, there are just two groups of people, good and evil. Both groups want you to join. But Jesus said, “Whoever is not with me is against me; whoever does not gather with me scatters.” Matt. 12:20

Jesus commissioned us all to help him gather in believers. “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations.” Matt. 28:19a

Since God created us with free will, it’s up to each of us to choose good over evil. “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship meets next Sunday, May 20, 2018, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. Pastor Pilla continues our sermon series in Hebrews 2:5-18.

No comments:

Post a Comment