Monday, December 14, 2015

Psalm 26 - Decision

-->
December 14, 2015 Monday Message:



“I have trusted in the Lord, and have not faltered.” Psalms 26:1b



The Billy Graham Evangelistic Association used to have a daily radio program called, “Decision Today,” the premise being that seekers needed to make a decision to follow Jesus. New Christians oftentimes need to reinforce that decision each day, reassuring themselves that their earlier decision was truly the correct thing to do.



If you’ve been a loyal follower of Jesus for quite some time, perhaps your decision is no longer called into question. You steadfastly, incontrovertibly walk with Jesus each day. For you, there’s no other option. Following Jesus is how you’re wired – it’s second nature, so much so that you really don’t have to think about it any longer.



David was at this point in Psalm 26. He even challenges God to test his loyalty. “I have always been mindful of your unfailing love, and have relied on your faithfulness. I do not sit with deceitful hypocrites; I abhor evildoers and wicked people; I tell others of your wonderful deeds.”



David prays, “Deliver me and be merciful to me. In heaven I will praise the Lord.”



Norton Lawellin



Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) gathers at 10 a.m. every Sunday in the North end (gym) of the Oliver Ministry Building, 2647 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis. This Sunday, Dec. 20, Pastor Michael Pilla speaks on the 4th Sunday of Advent.


No comments:

Post a Comment