Monday, December 7, 2015

Psalm 25 - Putting God First


December 7, 2015 Monday Message:

“In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.” Psalms 25:1

The words David sings to the Lord are prioritized. First and foremost, David trusts God with everything, and David tells him so. Now that that’s established, that God’s in first place, we can move on to other things.

David prays for protection from his numerous enemies. And he trusts that a follower of the Lord will never be disgraced. “Show me your path, Lord. Teach me your truth. Continue with the compassion and everlasting love that we count on. Forgive the sins of those who fear the Lord.”

David’s going through a bad time. He prays, “My problems go from bad to worse. See how many enemies I have, and how viciously they hate me! May integrity and honesty protect me, for I put my hope in you.”

Trust the Lord in all things. Put God first in your life.

“All day long I put my hope in You.” Psalms 25:5b

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) gathers at 10 a.m. every Sunday in the North end (gym) of the Oliver Ministry Building, 2647 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis. This Sunday, Dec. 13, Pastor Michael Pilla speaks on the 3rd Sunday of Advent.

No comments:

Post a Comment