Monday, July 13, 2015

Psalm 7


July 13, 2015 Monday Message:

“I come to you for protection, O Lord, my God. Save me from my persecutors—rescue me!” Psalm 7:1 NLT

Psalm 7 finds David pursued by Cush of the tribe of Benjamin. Many days of David’s life were spent trying to stay alive, and David regards each successful day as a gift from above.

David uses the logic that if the other person is basically evil but he is basically good, then God will protect him. If he has come up short, repentance is in order, but all in all, he is the better person and God should be on his side.

The premise is that God is honest, fair and just. Those who plot evil should receive evil in return. Those who live for the Lord will receive his protection.

And when God is good to you, protects you, remember to thank him. “I will thank the Lord because he is just; I will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.” Psalm 7:17

How curious that when his enemies are pursuing him, David would take time to compose a new song to the Lord.

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) gathers at 10 a.m. every Sunday in the North end (gym) of the Oliver Ministry Building, 2647 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis. This Sunday, July 19, Pastor Van Dickerson presents Psalm 51.

No comments:

Post a Comment