Sunday, February 2, 2020

Who IS This Guy?


Feb. 3, 2020 Monday Message:

“Who do you say I am?” Matt. 16:15; Mark 8:29; Luke 9:20

Simon Peter answered the question for all of us. “You are Christ, Son of the Living God.”

If we’re a member of a church following Jesus, we should want to know who he is, know who we’re following. Jesus explains this to the group of Jews questioning him: “Though you do not know my Father, I know him. If I said I did not, I would be a liar like you, but I do know him and obey his word. Before Abraham was born, I am!” - the same words God used to identify himself to Moses! (John 8:49-58)

Near the end of his time on earth, the High Priest Caiaphas asked Jesus, “Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?”
And once again Jesus answered, “I am! And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.”

Jesus resurrected not only himself but also his friend Lazarus and the Centurion’s servant. Control over life and death is clearly a power reserved for the Holy One.

And when Jesus healed a paralytic in Luke 5:20, he said: “Friend, your sins are forgiven,” a pardon that could only be granted by God himself.

Doubting Thomas needed convincing evidence about Jesus’ resurrection, and was told to put his finger into the nail holes and thrust his hand into Jesus’ side. Clearly he ‘got it’ when he said, “My Lord and my God.”

Who do you say that He is?

Norton Lawellin

Let’s worship together! Jesus in the City Fellowship meets next Sunday, Feb. 9, 2020, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. We’ll look at the beginning of Jesus’ ministry and some early miracles. (Luke 4:31-41) See you at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment