Monday, July 17, 2017

Psalms 101 - Life God's Way


July 17, 2017 Monday Message:

“I will be careful to lead a blameless life.” Psalms 101:2a

In Psalm 101, David lists things that the followers of God promise to do (and not to do) as members of God’s Holy family. They’re attempting to conform to the moral character of God as outlined in scripture.

“Lead a blameless life; do not approve anything evil; hate what faithless people do; do not tolerate a proud heart; no deceit, do not speak falsely; silence all wickedness and evildoers.”

Wow – all admirable goals, but I don’t think I could get 100% on that test! Fortunately, with Jesus, this is a program of forgiveness, do-overs and second-chances. It’s about progress, not perfection. I don’t believe I’ll ever be perfect, but with time, I get better at living life God’s way. But I’ll always need Jesus.

We try to live a good life out of gratitude for what Jesus did for us. In spite of our efforts, nothing we do can earn us our place in the Kingdom. That is a gift from the Son, for all who trust in him for salvation. He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us.

See you there!

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship gathers next Sunday, July 23, 2017, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. Pastor Pilla teaches about Kingdom-building and answering God’s call.

No comments:

Post a Comment