Monday, May 1, 2017

Psalms 91 - Closer to God


May 1, 2017 Monday Message:

“Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.” Psalms 91:1 NIV

Psalm 91 is about our relationship with God. It’s encouraging us to live our lives close to God. In the Hebrew tradition, a sinner is said to be “far from God.” But when that person repents and returns, they’re becoming “closer to God” – and the closer the better!

A good analogy is how a mother bird gathers her chicks under her wings for warmth and protection. God will bestow goodness on those under his wings, those who call him Lord.

The Psalm continues with a list of things you no longer need to fear if you’ve been adopted into the Holy Family.

Then God himself speaks the last 3 verses: “Because (the believer) loves me, I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.” Psalms 91:14-16

Closer to God is always better!

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship gathers Sunday, May 7, 2017, at the Akina Church, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30 AM. David Boeltl leads worship and Pastor Retha brings the message.

No comments:

Post a Comment