Monday, October 3, 2016

Psalms 64 - God's Complaint Desk


October 03, 2016 Monday Message:

“Hear me, My God, as I voice my complaint.” Psalms 64:1a NIV

Jesus said that in this world we would have trouble. But that he, Jesus, has overcome the world. (John 16:33)

David has lots of reasons to complain. He’s faced with plenty of trouble, having to constantly elude his enemies. Like David, you and I will also have troubles in this life. There is sin in the world, and sin spells trouble.

But we also have Jesus, and he said, “Take heart! I have overcome the world.”

What we translate as David saying, “Hear me,” really means in the original language, “Hear me and do something about it!” So Psalm 64 is a prayer, asking for God’s help and protection. We all need God’s help and protection from time to time, so don’t be afraid to complain to God!

When life hands you a lemon, head straight for the complaint desk. God will not only hear you out, but he can initiate steps to make things a lot better.

Norton Lawellin

Let’s worship together! Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) meets at the Akina Church, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30am. This Sunday, Oct. 9, 2016, I’ll continue our study in 1 Corinthians Ch. 3:10-16. See you at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment