Monday, August 1, 2016

Psalm 55 - Life is Good!


August 01, 2016 Monday Message:

“Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea; hear me and answer me.” Psalms 55:1-2a NIV

In Psalm 55 David is calling heaven, and just like in the Verizon commercials, he asks, “Can you hear me now?” He wants to make sure God is on the line.

We’re all a little bit like David, concerned about our place in life, wondering if we “fit in.” Some days it seem that everyone is out to get us. Some days are worse than others.

But most of the time life rolls along peacefully and we only experience passing thoughts of, “Am I really living my life as God intended?” For the most part, our lives are pretty good.

When we watch the evening news, they don’t report on too many of the good things. The highest network ratings are achieved when they tell us what has gone wrong in the world. We tend to live the same way. The few things in our lives not running well get most of our attention. And frankly, they probably NEED a lot of our attention.

But we also need to step back out of our busy lives and appreciate all the good things that God has poured out upon us. With God’s help, life really isn’t so bad, is it?

“But as for me, I trust in You, God.” Psalms 55:23b

Norton Lawellin

Come worship with us! This Sunday, August 7, 2016, Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) meets at the Akina Church, 3249 30th Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55406, 10:30am. We’ll conclude the summer with a brief look at Paul’s letter to the Philippians. This week I’ll open up Chapter 1. See you at church!

No comments:

Post a Comment