Monday, November 2, 2015

Psalm 21


November 2, 2015 Monday Message:

God made David their king: “…a man after my own heart, who will do all my will.” Acts 13:22

David had been highly favored by God, and David is grateful. Worship song Psalm 21 almost sounds a little conceited or selfish on David’s part, but if you were living at that time, you would know that Israel was only as strong as its king, and God had raised David up to be that king. Therefore all of Israel praised God for favoring their leader.

Just as God was kind to David, so God is kind to each of us. So as you read Psalm 21, just insert your own name. “You grant me my hearts desires…, You greet me with rich blessings…, You granted me life – length of days, for ever and ever!” Look at all God has done for you! from Psalms 21:2-4 NIV

God’s protection continues: “Your right hand will seize my foes…, On battle, you will burn up my enemies as a furnace…, You will destroy their descendants. from Psalms 21:8-10

Verse 11 puts the evil and wicked in their proper place: “They cannot succeed.”

“We exalt Your strength; we will sing and praise Your power.” Psalms 21:13

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) gathers at 10 a.m. every Sunday in the North end (gym) of the Oliver Ministry Building, 2647 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis. This Sunday, Nov. 8, Pastor Michael Pilla continues preaching from the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment