Monday, September 28, 2015

Psalm 16


September 28, 2015 Monday Message:

Lord, You make known to me the path of life;
    in your presence there is fullness of joy;
    at your right hand are pleasures forevermore.”
Psalms 16:11 ESV

In Psalm 16, David expresses his extreme devotion to God, and explains how that has proven to be a good decision.

The saints, followers of the Lord, are those with excellence in the land, whereas sorrows multiply for those who pursue other gods.

The Lord is David’s portion, his cup, his lot in life. And David is OK with that. In fact, he testifies that walking with the Lord has worked out well. It’s been a good decision, and if he had to do it all over again, he’d make the same decision again. David reports, “The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.”

The Lord counsels and instructs David. “Because the Lord is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken.” Following the one true God has, over and over again, proven to a wise choice, and has filled David with confidence, both as a leader of Israel and as a leader of worship of the Lord. “You will not abandon my soul to Sheol; You will not let your holy one see corruption.”

And David sums it up like this: “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.”

Norton Lawellin

Jesus in the City Fellowship (JICF) gathers at 10 a.m. every Sunday in the North end (gym) of the Oliver Ministry Building, 2647 Bloomington Ave., Minneapolis. This Sunday, Oct. 4, Pastor Michael Pilla wraps up our Acts series.

No comments:

Post a Comment