Monday, June 27, 2011

I and the Father are One

June 27, 2011 Monday Message:

Jesus: “I and the Father are one.” John 10:30

It took just one big bang to create the universe, our world and the vast eternal plan for all mankind. Our God, God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, created that creation. The reason it all worked so well is that our God of three persons - was of one mind. Isn’t that what we really want as Christians – to be of one mind with God?

Don’t think that you have to be sinless – not one of us has achieved perfection. Rather, think of us as children of God. Yes, children want to please their parents. But children make mistakes, do things that are wrong, and have to say, “I’m sorry,” from time to time. No matter what, parents love us unconditionally, with agápe love that has no limit. God loves you like that.

When you say, “Whoops, I’m sorry,” you are becoming of one mind with your parent. “You’re right, I was wrong, I can see it your way now, I’m sorry.” In the same way, repentance is being of one mind with God. “God’s right, I was wrong, I can see it His way now, I’m sorry.”

When we understand God’s value system, the way he separates right from wrong and good from evil, our thinking can become more like his. God doesn’t change his mind about these things – he’s solid as a rock, yesterday, today and tomorrow.

When we’re on the same page as God, we can become, like David, someone after God’s own heart! 1Samuel 13:14b

Norton Lawellin

No comments:

Post a Comment