Friday, October 9, 2026

Flourishing Faith!

For Friday, October 9, 2026:

Luke 7:6-7 NLT: “Jesus went with the Jewish elders. But just before they arrived at the house, the Roman officer sent some friends to say, “Lord, don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home, for I am not worthy of such an honor. I am not even worthy to come and meet you. Just say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed.”

Healing was needed, and Jesus was the only one who could do the job! Because Jews didn’t normally associate with Romans, the Centurion asked some Jewish elders to ask this favor of Jesus. They asked, and Jesus was quick to respond. God loves everyone he created – Romans, Greeks, Jews, Gentiles. There are no separate ethnic races in heaven. There are no religious denominations in heaven. If someone needs help, let’s all pitch in and do what we can to make things better. That’s what Jesus was doing!

But the Roman soldier sent messengers, saying, “Don’t trouble yourself by coming to my home. I’m not worthy! Simply say the word from where you are, and my servant will be healed!” Think about this. This Centurion must have had great faith. The Centurion must have been a believer! Wow! Friends, faith can flourish outside of Jewish norms, outside of organized Christian religions. Faith in Jesus may occur in the most unlikely of places. We just need to watch for it!

Jesus says, “I tell you, I haven’t seen faith like this in all Israel!” And he’s looking inside a Roman soldier’s heart, not in a synagogue. Can Jesus heal by remote control? Of course! “When the officer’s friends returned to his house, they found the slave completely healed!” Saved by grace through faith!

Pastor Norton Lawellin

The Father’s House

Jesus In the City Fellowship

Truth & Freedom Church

No comments:

Post a Comment