For Friday, July 24, 2026:
John 16:7 NLT, Jesus speaking to believers: “In fact, it is best for you that I go away, because if I don’t, the Advocate won’t come. If I do go away, then I will send him to you.”
Jesus promised to send the Advocate after he leaves. “Go be with the faithful, tout suite!” Advocate can also be translated Counselor, Encourager or Comforter. The Greek reads Paraclete. The KJB calls this form of God the Holy Ghost. Nowadays we refer to him as the Holy Spirit.
With those traits, we’ll certain be better off knowing the Holy Spirit. Having a supernatural God who is pulling for us can only be good, making our lives more tolerable. Remember that Jesus said our lives will be a struggle, filled with tribulation. Other people won’t like us simply because we know the Son. But Jesus also said not to worry as he has overcome the world.
Jesus said, “I will never leave you or forsake you.” It was necessary that he return to the Father, but he sent the Holy Spirit to be with us in his absence. We are never alone!
Pastor Norton Lawellin
The Father’s House
Jesus In the City Fellowship
Truth & Freedom Church
No comments:
Post a Comment